Sunday, April 13, 2008

Peter Pan and the Unwearable Dress

So a high school several towns away put on the show Peter Pan this weekend, and my best friend, who practically lives and breathes theater, dragged me along. Pessimist and cynic that I am, I went to the show highly doubtful I would enjoy this show about a boy flying about in tights. Then, sucker that I am, I ended up going to every show. By today, which was the last performance, some of the lost boys were starting to look at me like I was a stalker. But I couldn't help it; the show was good, man!

Now, onto a less theatrical but just as dramatic subject. My dear granny, who I love with a passion, but who would not know fashion if it bit her in the booty, recently, in honor of the anniversary of my birth, presented me with a dress. The dress isn't bad looking, I guess, but it's not exactly good-looking, either. Wait, I'll rephrase that: it's not my style. Someone else, like maybe the same sort of person who would fly around a stage in tights, might enjoy the dress, but I do not. It's the perfect "Gee, thanks..." gift.

A description of this monstrosity? Well, it's this bright coral color, which isn't bad, but it's a babydoll dress with spaghetti straps. And it's from Guess, so of course it has the ridiculous tacky-looking bling adorning the front of it. Oh, and the best part is that it's supposed to come to maybe a little above the knee, but since I'm short, it looks like an evening gown on me. I might post a pic of it on me later if I feel like getting out of my pajamas. So anyway...any suggestions on maybe how to wear this...thing? They would be highly appreciated! Because of course, I have to wear it...it in order to spare dear Old Granny's feelings.

4 comments:

luceeey said...

OO i reallly want to see a pic of the dress so i can reccomend what to do XD i don't have a good image in my head of what it looks like at the moment D=

Sophie said...

lol yeah i think i'll post a pic of it. it's really quite...all i can say is...don't expect too much. :)

R said...

yeah for sure we can link up =)

The Stylish Wanderer said...

Id love to see it. And theater can really affect me too.